
The Blu-Ray HD-DVD war has been in the news alot the last few years. I read about the demise of HD-DVD this morning in the Wall Street Journal. They compare it to the format war of VHS and BetaMax in the 80s.
But, folks, my point here is that that was the 80s. A time before the digital age when formats mattered. They called this a format war, but I want to know when the war against media formats will wage and end this crap. We do not need formats anymore.
I dont need disks anymore!!!
We should be looking for distributions over the internet. AppleTV has the right idea. We should be able to buy content in super high quality and store it where ever we want.I don't need a disc and don't want it. My iPhone and notebook can store all my media on the road. I have recently even switched to a notebook with no optical drive and I do not miss it a bit. I also don't need a silly shelf with the movie boxes next to my TV. I just need a device that hooks into the screen and sound system and that can play the high quality file with all the right inputs and outputs.
The only real news here is that Sony has finally won a format war. They failed in so many proprietary formats like Betamax, MiniDisc, memory sticks, ATRAC, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment